The U.S. Federal Trade Commission estimates that investment fraud schemes cost individuals and businesses as much as 40 billion dollars each year. Tragically, after the dust settles on these schemes, it is discovered that information was available that would have warned potential investors of the fraud.
Many law enforcement agencies give financial crimes a low priority, and are unwilling to assist victims, by classifying the investment loss as a civil matter. Many fraud victims choose to file expensive lawsuits to recoup their losses, but receive only an uncollectable judgment instead.
PBAcheck’s Investors Research Reports have been used by numerous potential investors to identify a fraudulent investment opportunity before they put their money at risk. Others use our reports to fulfill due diligence requirements and provide confirmation of legitimate opportunities. PBAcheck’s expert researchers will build a comprehensive report designed specifically to detect fraudulent investment or business opportunities. Reported information includes Federal and State regulatory actions, licensing actions, civil litigation histories, judgments and liens, criminal background histories on key persons, financial strength, past-performance indicators, verification of provided information, and much more.
The basic investor due diligence report includes:
- Statewide and Federal Civil Litigation Search on the Underlying Business and One Former Key Executive
- Statewide and Federal Criminal History Search on One Former Key Executive
- Statewide Liens (Tax, Judgments, UCC) Search on the Underlying Business
- Statewide Bankruptcy, Notice of Default, Foreclosure Search on the underlying business
- Nationwide Business Affiliates Search
For questions, or more information about this service or other services, please contact a PBAcheck Customer Service Representative at (877) 300-4133.